In Hijama there's a Cure and Blessings
“Indeed the best of remedies you have is cupping (hijama)…” [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree]
Hijama is also called as Cupping (wet cupping). It is a therapeutic process of removing the toxin from the blood in your body, which is mostly practiced by the Muslims.
Comes from the word “حجم (hajama)" which means “to reduce in volume”, refers to the reduction in the volume of blood, or the vacuum effect used to draw blood from the body. Drawing blood from the body here is for therapeutic purposes, either to maintain health in the case of one who is not sick or to cure a specific illness or ailment.
Accumulations of blood that interfere with circulation are removed, along with abnormal red blood cells, heavy metals, cholesterol, some white blood cells, and other impurities.
• The blood extracted is believed to be harmful to the body.
• Studies have shown that the blood released during hijama has a very different composition than the blood that flows through our veins.
It is a form of medical treatment which has been recommended by Shariáh. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) underwent cupping many times.
• Narrated by Abu Hurayrah, Abu Hind cupped Prophet Muhammad in the middle of his head. The Prophet said, “Banu Bayadah, marry Abu Hind (to your daughter), and ask him to marry (his daughter) to you. He said, “The best thing by which you treat yourself is hijama. (Abu Dawud 5:2097)
• Abu Hurairah narrates that Prophet Muhammad said, “Whoever has hijama done on the 17th , 19th , or 21st of the month, it will be for him a cure from every illness.” (Sahih al-Jaami 5968)
• In the narration reported by Abdullah ibn Mas’ud, the angels said, “Oh Muhammad, order your ummah (nation) with hijama.” (Tirmidhi 3479)
• Abdullah ibn Abbas reported that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “I did not pass by an angel from the angels on the night journey except that they all said to me, ‘Upon you is hijama, O Muhammad.’” (Sunan ibn Maajah 3477)
According to Ibn al-Qayyim, the foundations of the medicine of the body are three:
• Preservation: Maintaining and protecting existing health. This incorporates nutrition, diet and lifestyle habits which must be adhered to.
• Protection: Warding off harm to existing health. This incorporates the avoidance of whatever is harmful in terms of nutrition, diet, environment, and lifestyle.
• Extraction: Removal of toxins, foreign bodies that are the cause of sickness. This returns to the ways and means known through experience and experimentation, investigation and study. One of the most powerful ways of extracting the toxins and foreign bodies that cause illness is by hijama.
The Prophetic medicine is known by experimentation and experience, and is the most superior form of medicine.
Congratulations! Alhamdulillah that now you have done the sunnah, here's some suggestions after Hijama session:
Call any time for any questions or concerns.